In line with the ongoing technological enhancement of its production, Steam has recently acquired new machinery for 2D tube laser cutting. This new fiber laser technology grants superior power control and efficiency than that afforded by traditional technology, and so it can also work materials such as brass, copper, aluminum and steel.
Furthermore the clean tube system allows us to keep the internal surface of the tube perfectly clean. The components after the cutting process are practically finished and can then be worked on again without any further cleaning. This feature is very important for products intended for the flow of liquids and gases and for products intended for the food industry, where the utmost hygiene of the inner surface of the tube is required.
With this kind of machinery we can work on the following materials:
– stainless steel – maximum thickness 4 mm
– iron – – maximum thickness 6 mm
– aluminum – maximum thickness 3 mm
– brass – maximum thickness 3 mm
– copper – maximum thickness 2 mm
The sections and dimensions are the following:
– round section up to 120 mm.
– square section up to 100 mm.
– rectangles, oval, semi-flat and elliptical up to 120 x 70 mm.
The machinery can process tubes with a maximum length of 6500 mm. and a maximum cutting length of 4500 mm.
Furthermore, it can handle relatively thin tubes destined for aesthetic utilization inasmuch as the machinery is provided with all the necessary tools to avoid ruining the surface.